Using Videos For User Onboarding
Using videos is an effective way to onboard users as part a signup process or when onboarding them to your latest release.
Here is a step by step guide to embedding videos into your in-app experience
1. Create a new in-app engagement
A video can be embedded in any type of in-app engagement - dialog, slider or a guide. Embedding the video using the universal editor - select a template (blank) and go to the edit step.
2. Click on the video icon and insert the video link
3. Adjust the video to the size and location you'd like, you can drag it from one of the corners to cover the entire dialog step
4. Background color: In case the video is covering the entire surface of the dialog set the the background to darker than white so the X button will show up
5. Preview: You can now preview your video by first saving and then clicking on the 'eye' preview icon on the top right and selecting a target url in your app
Tips & Tricks
You can adjust the position of the dialog or play with overlay settings by selecting the 3rd tab
When using youtube videos you might want to disable video recommendations by clicking share, select code and uncheck the "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" option.
Or as you might have noticed, you just need to append the url with the rel=0 parameter: https://www.youtube.com/embed/lV37GFcB4EY?rel=0
Updating the video url requires going into aptrinsic html editor mode and replacing the url or change the default param from "?wmode=opaque" to "rel=0"