Segment is a functionality that allows you to create different audience/user groups based on common attributes/characteristics. You can create any "segment" of users based on the rules/attributes/parameters. Gainsight PX provides you the ability to create Segments by using customer inferred data, custom fields, product data, and product behaviours.
Once a segment is created, it can be reused in your multiple business actions like engagements, NPS and CES Surveys, Multi Question Survey, Product Mapper, etc.. which helps you save time. These are used to target specific users in the app based on attribution or behaviour.
Use Case: To define a segment with URLs to avoid redefining URLs in each engagement. Best used for defining "data constant values". It is useful in cases where you want to refer to a list of elements such as: Account Names/IDs, URLs, etc. For example, when you want to display an engagement for a subset of your customers based on their lifecycle stage or based on the URLs etc.
Login to Gainsight PX and Page Navigation
Login to Gainsight PX with your personal credentials. Gainsight PX Dashboard is displayed.
Create a Segment
To create a segment:
- Click the Create button on the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter a name for your segment.
- [Optional] Click Description icon to add a description.
- Select your desired Rule from the Rules list. For example, select Account and enter account name as Adobe, User email as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you finish selecting all your Rules, click Save.
Also, you can use this Segment to target the Audience while creating engagements. For more information on how to select the audience while creating engagements, refer to Audience Selection (Engagements) article.
Working with Rules
Rules allow you to filter users and when grouped together, create useful segmentations. Segments can be used to identify various cohorts like Admins, Practitioners, and Executives.
In addition, they can be used to identify industries and verticals such as SMB, Mid-Market, Enterprise, Telecom, Tech, etc.
For example: In the following screenshot, a Segment is created based on the User Admin Role within Enterprise Account Plans.
When adding Rules to your segment, you can decide if the Rule set is “AND” or “OR”.
- AND Logic: All selected criteria must be true to trigger the segment.
- OR Logic: Any of the selected criteria must be true to trigger the segment.
In addition, you can have multiple filter criteria within a Rule.
To edit existing segment:
- Click the Segments icon.
- Select the segment you wish to edit. Click the Edit icon.
Click the Delete icon to delete the segment.