Seeding (Loading) Aptrinsic with Users/Accounts
There may be cases where you'd like to load up your Aptrinsic subscription with an initial set of users & accounts.
- if you plan to send out email to users that may not have logged into your web application and would therefore not have been identified in Aptrinsic as a user.
- Another reason to send Aptrinsic user / account data is if you want to augment the existing users or accounts with additional data coming from another platform or database.
NOTE: If this is a one time (or infrequent) seeding, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can perform the below process for you... just provide us with the user/account data as a csv or Excel file (be sure to include unique Identifier for those users that will match the identifier used when making your Aptrinsic identify call in your installation).
Sending user & account info to Aptrinsic is easy, simply build a script in your favorite language and follow the below steps:
- Iterate over each of the users/accounts you'd like to sync into Aptrinsic
- Make the appropriate Create or Update Account REST API call (see links for documentation) to sync the accounts into Aptrinsic
- Make the appropriate Create or Update User REST API call (see links for documentation) to sync the users into Aptrinsic