Seeding (Loading) Gainsight PX with Users/Accounts
There may be cases where you'd like to load up your Gainsight PX subscription with an initial set of users & accounts.
- if you plan to send out email to users that may not have logged into your web application and would therefore not have been identified in Gainsight PX as a user.
- Another reason to send Gainsight PX user / account data is if you want to augment the existing users or accounts with additional data coming from another platform or database.
NOTE: If this is a one time (or infrequent) seeding, you can reach out to us at email@example.com and we can perform the below process for you... just provide us with the user/account data as a csv or Excel file (be sure to include unique Identifier for those users that will match the identifier used when making your Gainsight PX identify call in your installation).
Sending user & account info to Gainsight PX is easy, simply build a script in your favorite language and follow the below steps:
- Iterate over each of the users/accounts you'd like to sync into Gainsight PX
- Make the appropriate Create or Update Account REST API call (see links for documentation) to sync the accounts into Gainsight PX
- Make the appropriate Create or Update User REST API call (see links for documentation) to sync the users into Gainsight PX