Manage Multiple Environments within PX
If your Gainsight PX subscription started as a PoC or if you've been using PX from your Staging/QA environment and ready to move to full/Production, you have some options on how you'd like to configure PX. Generally, Option 1 will work best but please see below for pros and cons of other possible options to help you choose which option best suits your needs.
Option 1: New Product on Single Subscription
In this option, you'll use the same subscription you've been using for your PoC or Staging environment but will be creating a new product for production.
- Customer logs into their current Subscription.
- Navigates to the Account > Product page and create a new product.
- Keeps PoC/Staging data separate from Production.
- Be sure you do not mix up the Product Keys between their QA and Production Environments. You'll likely need logic in your code base to be sure the proper tag/key is loaded
Option 2: Same Product on Single Subscription
In this option, you will use the same Gainsight PX subscription you've been using for your PoC/Staging as well as the same Product Key when adding the tag / identify code to your Production Environment.
- The users/events that were accumulated so far will remain intermixed with their Production data
- PX has ability to filter out internal users or test users but you will need to remember to apply those filters if internal/QA data is significant enough.
- The same Product Key can be used on your code bases for QA and Production (no need to have logic to load the different product key).
- QA and Production data are intermingled. Filters need to be applied everywhere if internal users/data needs to be removed.
Option 3: Multiple Subscriptions
In this option, you will simply provision a brand new Gainsight PX subscription for the Production environment. Similar to Option 1, you will need to be sure you use the new Product Key from the new subscription when installing tag/identify on your Production environment.
- Keeps QA and Production data completely/logically separated
- Can use the account switching to toggle between the PX subscriptions
- Can request to have the initial PoC/Staging PX subscription completely removed
- Assuming you decide to keep the previous environment/subscription
- You'll need to be sure you do not mix up the Product Keys between PoC/Staging and Production Environments.
- You'll need to maintain separate subscription user invites and permissions per subscription